Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hello all,
Thank you ahead for taking time to read my whereabouts, whatabouts, howabaouts, and all other "bouts" that will be going on here. :) I guess where I really wanna start off is with the birth of my beloved daughter Jayliatta. She was born on August 6th, 2009, and has changed my life like I never knew was possible. It's amazing how we can look at our lives at any present time, and be completely unaware of the possibilities that show themselves years down the road. We sit back in our comfortable chairs of security and everday routines....with all kinds of plans for "down the road"--whatever that road means. But the real beauty that fascinates me is how, with all the plans in the world, NOTHING can compare to the actual unexpected experiences that unravel with each day, each moment. And these very things that you CAN'T plan for or be totally prepared for, are the very things that the Lord uses to truly get you to stop and live. And it's in the turns and bends of life that remove us from our comfort zone that remind us HOW to live....


My daughter is a gift from Almighty God, and reveals to me what truly matters, and what it means to truly love. I have since "stopped" in my own tracks of life and have been awakened to a new and more meaningful direction, but not just a direction, a learning course of life, full of wonders, challenges, trials and errors, moments of accomplishments, joyful firsts, bitter-sweet changes, and a whole array of things that will cause me to say "I not only sang in the rain I danced in it", "I not only stopped to smell the roses I made a bouquet of them and planted more so that others could partake of the same simple sweetness", and "no I didn't lay on the grass to watch the clouds go by, instead I got up and chased after the sun". I hope you, too, can find the special moments in life that the Lord Jesus reveals to you and not just appreciate them on the surface, but ALLOW them to wake you up to what really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment