Sunday, July 25, 2010

Approaching the momentous One

To My Lovey...



I've watched you grow. I've watched you change from barely seeing to constantly teething, from frequent crying to new things trying, from babble-talking to conquering walking, as you learn and change from each evolving moment. Words cannot fully encompass all you mean to me and all that goes on inside of me as I look at you, and sit in awe, steeling kisses and cuddles and giving cheers for your accomplishments, and also for those simply "just because" times...which are pretty much all the time. I know writing here doesn't do any justice to all you are to me, nor to the feelings going through me as we approach your One-Year mark, but it's my way of expressing one of the greatest, most special times in life, and when you have something (or someone) that brings you such joy and love you tend to want to share it however you can, with whoever will listen...or read :) . You have come so far in this first year my little lovey, and although you had no clue what was going on when you first entered this world, you've made yourself comfortable here, growing into a beautifully formed, amazingly skilled being. I watch you as you watch the day; the cars go by, the trees as they sway, silently captivated by all your surroundings, and it's awesome to see it. As you reach out to get hold of something, your curiosity is precious. As you give those mile-wide smiles to those around you, and to me, as you reach out to be held, dropping gracelets of your sweet baby kisses onto my cheeks....it's better than sailing the waters, better than a flower garden in full bloom, and better than anything that tries to come close to those priceless occasions.



Your 1-year mark...bitter-sweet. Bitter because it's a reminder of how quickly the times of babyhood go by and independence sets in...and the days of baby cuddles and needy-ness dwindle. Sweet because it's another beginning, a beginning to truly learning and being introduced to each other more and more, on different levels as years go on...getting to see who this beautiful little girl is gonna be when she is older. Sweet because it celebrates all that we have been through together and accomplished together, with the added anticipation of first words and walks, more involved storytimes and other bonding times. It's the beginning to not only celebrating the holidays but actually knowing of them, discovering that they are special times to be enjoyed with special people, and even creating new traditions together. Yes, there are many sweets.


No comments:

Post a Comment