Saturday, February 12, 2011

Realizations of... Realizations

I watch my daughter as she grows, and learns, questions, explores..soaking up this great big world of newness in her toddler-sized eyes. She takes everything in with all her senses, which by the way she proudly shows she knows-ears, she points to them; eyes, she points to them; mouth she points to it with the added sound effects of smacking her lips together and making a popping sound; nose, she points to or up it....which sometimes then leads to a mini excavating adventure of the nostrils. And she revels in the joys of her new big self, more capable then the 6 pound 10 1/4 ounce being she used to be. And I think..."Where did the time go already?" I can recall her tinyness and fragility but almost only as though it was surreal, and the pictures I look through are like reminders that it really DID happen, that she really DID grow this much already. Wow...what an abundant amount of maturing and developing that this little precious one has been doing. Still, she teaches me as much as I try and teach her...and a new level of humility comes into the picture now as well, as I realize and have to accept that I don't have all the right moves as a new mommy, even if I were a mommy for a second, third, fourth time...I will not ever have ALL the right moves and answers, which is why I need to constantly and consciously point her to the One who does, and always will. But that humility, oh it is a sweet thing in the long run, that is something that will change me in an increasingly profound way. It can turn the most prideful, insecure mess into someone with such richness of character in wisdom and beauty. And who would have thought that this would be something that you are made aware of as you are watching your child and being entertained by her many triumphs and accomplishments? It is amazing, that the most seemingly unrelated topic and thought is connected to you studying your child. And this type of unexpected revelation and realization is yet another reason why I love motherhood...one of the many...

No comments:

Post a Comment